American University of Armenia (AUA)
Classification: 12 Month Contract with Option to Extend
Full-Time: 40 hours per week
Location: Oakland, CA
The American University of Armenia (AUA) http://www.aua.am is a private institution of higher learning located in Yerevan, Armenia. AUA is affiliated with the University of California and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001. Students are admitted from Armenia and internationally.
Founded in 1991 to provide American style graduate education, AUA also launched an undergraduate program in fall 2013. Currently it offers nine Master’s and five Bachelor’s degree programs. This academic year, AUA has approximately 500 graduate students and more than 1,400 undergraduate students. AUA includes several research centers, a vibrant Extension Program, and community outreach programs providing continuing education for adults and professional development throughout Armenia.
The American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with offices in Oakland and Glendale, California. AUAC provides academic and fiscal oversight to AUA’s operations and serves as the vehicle for philanthropic support of the enterprise. AUA revenues come from a combination of sources, including tuition, operations, endowment income, grants, and private philanthropy. AUA is committed to an admission policy that is merit-based and provides tuition support to students based upon need.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Gift Officer will be responsible for managing and developing a portfolio of active and prospective donors to secure mid-level and major gifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 current and prospective donors through the solicitation cycle – qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Focus on converting high-level annual gift donors to major gift donors.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with prospective donors through in-person meetings and strategic engagement initiatives.
- Under the direction of the Director of Development, partner with the rest of the members of the development team to advance fundraising efforts of AUA.
- Document all communications and interactions with donors by entering timely contact reports into the Bloomerang donor database.
- Create a stewardship plan for donors and work the plan to retain donors and upgrade the giving levels.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a preference for candidates who have advanced degrees.
- Experience in development and face-to-face fundraising role, preferably in the higher education arena.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop relationships between them and the University, and a keen understanding of the fundraising cycle: identifying, qualifying, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated writing and editing skills in the preparation of proposals, and in the drafting of related correspondence.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to appropriate use of sensitive and confidential constituent data.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well under deadline and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and achieve quantified objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel around the region and to other areas of the country.
Please send a cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Andrew O’Brien | Development AssistantTel: (510) 925-4282 | Fax: (510) firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 Broadway, Suite 280, Oakland, CA 94607